Away from the hubbub that is Queenstown yet only 25 minutes away by car, Arrowtown's quirky corners, crystal-clear Arrow River, walking and cycling trails and cafe scene offer many things to do. Make sure you bring your camera... Arrowtown is picture perfect all year round.
1. Pick up an Arrowtown Guide from the LAKES DISTRICT MUSEUM in the main street and make a start.
2. Take a tour of the museum.
3. Enjoy a historic stroll past the miner's cottages just across the road from the museum.
4. Try an icecream from The Shed by Buckingham Green, the Night and Day Dairy or an award-winning waffle cone icecream from Patagonia Chocolates.
5. Browse one of the many locally owned STORES offering NZ-made and many unique gifts and stylish clothes.
6. Cool off with a walk along the Arrow River, just 2 minutes walk from Arrowtown's historic main street.
7. Try a little gold panning - you can hire a pan at the museum or at Dudley's Cottage.
8. Explore the Chinese Village with actual huts and remains from the early day's of gold mining when the Chinese Miners lived near the river.
9. Take a swim, throw stones, paddle or make stone dams in the clear waters of the Arrow River or nearby Bush Creek.
10. Tempt your taste buds at one of the CAFES + RESTAURANTS
Register Here for access to our Trade & Media Downloads