Golden Fleece is a classy store that has been locally owned by Owen and Raewyn for 12 years.We cater for tourists as well as locals and source quality product from mostly NZ manufacturers.We also have an extensive range of RM Williams boots and apparel.
Arrowtown Random Fact No.1
The first Arrowtown School was in Buckingham Street and opened in 1863. It was on the site now occupied by the Oak development.
Arrowtown Random Fact No.2
The trees in Arrowtown’s beautiful avenues are Sycamore, Ash, Oak, Elm, and Rowan. The first avenue was planted in 1867.
Arrowtown Random Fact No.3
In the 1950’s many New Zealander’s built cribs ( holiday houses) in Arrowtown and came here for their summer holidays.
Arrowtown Random Fact No.4
There has been a fire station on the current site since 1890. The hand drawn hose reel was used until the 1940’s.
Arrowtown Random Fact No.5
Arrowtown was originally known as Fox’s. named after William Fox an early gold discoverer. Then it was known as The Arrow and later Arrowtown.
Arrowtown Random Fact No.6
Arrowtown had four churches representing the early immigrant populations. Catholic, Presbyterian, Anglican and Methodist. All still operate today except for the Methodist Church.